UPDATED: June 2017
General Contest Rules
A complete copy of these rules can be obtained at the offices of radio station WCAT-FM Red 102.3,owned and operated by RCI (collectively, the “Station”), 728 North Hanover Street Carlisle, PA 17013, during normal business hours Monday through Friday or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the above address.
The following are General Contest Rules for the station including on-air and social media contests (the “Contest”) substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
- Participation & Limits
- No purchase is necessary. Void where prohibited. All federal, state, and local regulations apply.
- Only legal U.S. residents age 18 or older (or other designated age restrictions deemed by station) with a valid Social Security number at the time of entry and currently live in the (717) or (814) area codes are eligible to participate in Station contests.
- Employees, agents, representatives, or affiliates of the Station, its affiliates, participating sponsors, other radio stations, television stations and print advertising companies serving the metro area, and their immediate family members and household members are not eligible to participate.
- The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents, siblings, grandparents, children, grandchildren and cohabiting significant others.
- An individual may win an on-going contest only once per six-month period unless otherwise specifically stated.
- An individual may win other seasonal or one-time contests only once for the duration of the contest.
- Contest Dates
- All contests will have specific start dates and specific end dates.Contest dates will be announced on-air of on the website as appropriate.(the “Contest Period”).
- How to Play
- Listen to the station for the cue to call in and be the designated numbered caller to the Station’s contest line.
- The correct caller will either automatically win the announced prize or perform a task (such as answering a trivia question correctly) as determined by the on-air personality.
- All entries must be received by designated time or date. Late, incomplete or illegible entries will be disregarded.
- Time Delay Between Over-the-Air Analog Signal and Internet Broadcast
- Due to the time delay that exists between the Station’s analog over-the-air signal and the Station’s online webcast, listeners who listen to the Station online may hear the cue to call later than listeners listening to the Station’s analog over-the-air signal, resulting in diminished odds that an online listener will win.
- Prize(s) will be awarded only to eligible winner(s).
- Prizes for Call In to Win Contests vary and will be announced prior to the cue-to-call in.
- Prizes are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize, except in sole discretion of the station.
- All prizes must be redeemed within 30 days of the contest end date unless otherwise specified.
- If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified, the Company reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award that winner’s prize, in its sole discretion.
- The Company is not acting as the manufacturer or distributor of any prize awarded.
- The Company makes no warranties with respect to any prize.
- With respect to any claims for canceled, postponed, or rained out concert, sporting event or show ticket prizes, winner should look to the provider or others in the chain of production and distribution but excluding the Station and the Company.
- All prizes are awarded “as is.” Prizes are nontransferable and cannot be exchanged. No substitute prize will be awarded to a winner who declines to accept a prize.
- Odds of winning depend on a number of factors including the number of eligible entries received and listeners participating at any given time.
- The Station shall not be responsible for the failure of participating sponsors to deliver the prizes or any part thereof as described herein.
- All entrants and winners agree that the Station shall have no liability for any injury, misfortune, or damage to either persons or property incurred by entering, participating in, winning or losing any contest and/or by the acceptance, use, or non-use of any prize received in connection with this contest.
- Grand Prize Winners
- On designated date determined by station, one entrant will be selected as potential grand prize winner by random drawing.
- If it is determined that the candidate is not eligible to receive the grand prize, in the Station’s sole judgment and discretion, another candidate will be selected for eligibility consultation and this process will continue on until such time as an eligible candidate is found.
- In the unlikely event that no candidates are found to meet the specifications, then the prize will not be awarded.
- In the event of a tie, the winner will be determined by and at the Station’s sole discretion.
- All State, Local, Federal and or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner.
- All those who win a prize or prizes valued $600 or more in any given year will be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings.
- Collection of Prizes
- All prizes must be claimed in person at the Station at the address identified above during regular business hours and within thirty (30) business days of winning, excluding holidays.
- After such time, ownership of said prize reverts back to the Station to be disposed of at its discretion.
- The winner then loses all claims and rights to said prize.
- Proper identification must be presented by any winner to claim prize. As a condition to receiving the prize, any potential winner must complete and sign a Winner’s Affidavit and Release, releasing the Station from all liability in connection with winner’s participation in the contest and acceptance, use, or non-use of the contest prize.
- All entry blanks, forms, devices, and materials gathered during the course of entry, as well as all information contained on or within, shall become the sole property of the Station to be used, disposed of or destroyed in its sole discretion.
- The Station is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information entered by website users, and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Station’s website.
- Entry Information
- All entrants and winners agree to give the Station and its licensees, affiliates, successors, and assigns the irrevocable and unrestricted right to use, re-use, broadcast, or publish their name, city of residence, photo, video tape, film or any other likeness, including portraits and pictures, in whole or in part, as part of a composite, retouched or distorted in character or form, and winner’s voice, recorded or live, for any reason the Station deems necessary without compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- All winners release, discharge, and agree to hold the Station harmless from any and all claims they may have against the Station in connection with the taking, production, or the use of winners’ name, city of residence, any photo, video tape, film or any other likeness, including portraits and pictures, in whole or in part, as part of a composite, retouched, or distorted in character or form and without restrictions as to any changes, transformations or alterations, and including winners’ voices, recorded or live.
- All winners further acknowledge that the Station owns or will own exclusively any photographs of such winners used for such purposes, including the copyrights in them, regardless of the form in which they have been or may be produced and used, and all winners assign all such ownership rights to the Station.
- Contest Participation
- By participating in the Contest, each participant agrees to receive email communications from the Station regarding Station events and contests.
- Any participant that opts-out of these mailings will also remove themselves from the contest.
- By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Station personnel.
- Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified.
- Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited.
- The Station will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and the Station’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final.
- If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Station, the Station reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the administration or outcome as the Station deems appropriate.
- All decisions will be made by the Station are final.
- The Station may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion.
- Any attempt by a contestant or any other individual to deliberately circumvent, disrupt or damage ordinary and normal operation of this contest, telephone systems or websites, or undermine the legitimate operation of the contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, station reserves the right to seek damages from any such participant to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- By participating in this contest, each participant agrees to waive any and all claims for damages for death, personal injury, loss of property or property damage that he or she may sustain as a result of his or her participation in the contest and/or the use of any prize, and any damages or losses arising from the implementation or carrying out of the contest or any participant’s failure to win the contest or receive the prize, and to release RCI, the Stations, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all liability arising out of or connected in any way with his or her participation in the contest, even though that liability may arise out of an intentional act, omission, negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons or entities mentioned above.
- The Station reserves the right to limit the number of times an individual may enter a contest or drawing.
- The Station reserves the right to require contestants to be present at drawings in order to win their prize.
- A winners list may be obtained after thirty (30) days after completion of contest, by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to the following address. Information will not be shared electronically:
728 North Hanover Street
Carlisle, PA 17013
ATTN: Phil George